Personnel Security Specialist (PERSEC) with Security Clearance
Location: El Segundo, CA
Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved. Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future ManTech is seeking a talented and creative Personnel Security Specialist (PERSEC) for the El Segundo, CA office. The successful candidate will provide overall general support to a variety of tasks in support of systems engineering processes for the US Space Force National Security Space Launch (NSSL) program managed by the Space and Missiles Systems Center, Launch Enterprise Corps (SMC/ECL). A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to: * Provide support for the security awareness and education programs, indoctrination (general and SCI), debriefs, refresher training for program briefed personnel regarding obligations to protect classified and controlled unclassified information (CUI), operations security (OPSEC), physical security, foreign travel briefs/debriefs, security in/out-processing, and access control.
* Work various functions via the Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), Defense Information System for Security (DISS) web application, and other SMC applications such as Livelink, MML, etc..
* Review, track, and monitor security clearance processing activities with appropriate government personnel to achieve appropriate clearance actions, to include the use of Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP).
* Maintain personnel security files for all personnel of the supported element.
* Build and Maintain tracking spreadsheets/databases for a variety of administrative functions for PERSEC activities.
* Maintain an extensive customer database point of contact listing.
* Follow and enforce the customer's Standard Operating Procedures.
* Receive and/or submit classified visit access requests as necessary to meet customer needs.
* Perform miscellaneous administrative support functions as directed by the contractor site lead and/or the Government Security Representative, as well as, coordinate efforts across other government entities in support.
* Prepare, process, and/or review program and systems access request for access eligibility. Other duties may include: * Manage all aspects of the DOD industrial security program. Develop and review all program DD254s through NSP Contract Classification System (NCCS). Security Clearance Requirements * Active/current TS w/SCI eligibility. Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years).
* At least 2-3 years related experience including 2 years' relevant SCI. SAP experience not required but a plus.
* Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
* Familiarity with NISPOM (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual) DoD 5220.22-M preferred.
* Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
* US Citizenship Required Preferred Skills * Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
* Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
* Ability to use MS Office
* Ability to use PC
* Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
* Interpersonal and People Skills
* Leadership Skills
* Listening Skills
* Multi-Tasking Ability
* Oral and Written Communication Skills
* Organizational Skills
* Presentation Skills (using Powerpoint) Certifications: * Must complete Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) training.
* DSS FSO or SSO certifications/training preferred but not required. Physical Requirements: * Must be able to remain stationary for more than 50% of the time For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license.The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone. ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click and provide your name and contact information.