Fish and Wildlife Biologist
Location: Moline, IL
The contractor performs and assists with biological duties in the Illinois and Iowa Ecological Services Field Office with the Conservation Planning Assistance and Endangered Species Program in particular, but with all Programs in the Field Office. Representative, but not necessarily all inclusive duties of the required work are illustrated by performance of any combinations of the following:
- Provides spatial analysis and GIS expertise to the office and to individual projects.
- Conducting moderately complex investigations to determine the impact of proposed projects on the Federal trust resources of an area.
- Collecting and analyzing data and preparing biological reports and detailed letters evaluating the environmental consequences of proposed projects on trust resources.
- Evaluating and providing comments on monitoring and adaptive management strategies of proposed or existing projects to ensure that regulatory standards and other requirements are met and implemented in a manner most beneficial to trust resources.
- Develop moderately complex comprehensive strategies to assist in the siting and operations of future projects to ensure the conservation, protection and enhancement of trust resources and the habitats on which they depend.
- Responding to written, in person, and telephone requests from the public, from Fish and Wildlife Service staff members within and among Regions, from other agency representatives, from private industry and from non-governmental organizations seeking information on impacts of proposed projects on trust resources.
- Experience working in the Natural Resources field is desired.
- At least 1 year GIS experience.
- Must be a US citizen and able to pass a background investigation.
- B.S. Degree in a related science field (biology, environmental science, natural resource management, wildlife management, etc.)
- Position starts around 10/1/17-9/30/18, pay rate $19.58, with benefits.
- Location: Rock Island Ecological Services Field Office in Moline, Illinois.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.