Location: Harrisburg, PA, PA
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Name: Marcia Hutchinson
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), an interstate water resource management agency, seeks a Hydrogeologist for the Regulatory Project Review Program located in its Harrisburg, PA office.
The position will have a primary focus on projects seeking approval or renewal to withdraw groundwater and includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Maintaining working knowledge of all Commission regulations, policies, guidance, and water management programs.
- Interpreting the Commission’s rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures for project sponsors, consultants, public officials, and the general public.
- Reviewing groundwater water withdrawal, consumptive use, and diversion applications, aquifer testing plans and aquifer testing waiver requests to ensure full compliance with SRBC regulations and policy.
- Reviewing intermediate to advanced scientific materials submitted by project sponsors in support of their applications, aquifer testing plans, requests to waive aquifer testing, and post-approval monitoring and reporting conditions.
- Performing field inspections of proposed or existing facilities as part of application and aquifer testing plan reviews.
- Coordinating with the SRBC compliance program, member agencies, the regulated community and their consultants, and the general public.
- Preparing documentation, writing technical reports and project review summary documents, and preparing recommendations for Commission actions at quarterly meetings.
Eligibility requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or hydrogeology.
- Four to eight years of relevant professional experience performing hydrogeologic investigations with increasing levels of responsibility. Experience with groundwater supply development projects a plus.
- Licensed Professional Geologist in Pennsylvania and/ or New York preferred. If not licensed, have taken and obtained the minimum passing score for the Fundamentals of Geology Exam and are eligible to obtain professional licensure after fulfilling work experience requirements and taking the Principles of Geology exam.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with considerable knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable working independently and with a team.
- Ability to complete limited overnight travel, as required.
Competitive salary with an expected starting range of between $50,000 and $65,000 based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits package is available, including health care insurance and participation in Pennsylvania State Employees Retirement System. There is no civil service exam requirement.
Send cover letter with salary expectations and resume emphasizing relevant experience, to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] by December 9, 2019. Attn: Hydrogeologist, Marcia Hutchinson, Director of Administration and Finance, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N. Front St., Harrisburg, PA 17110. SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.srbc.net.