Non-Profit / Government Manager / Senior Manager
Location: Manitowoc, WI
We are seeking a Non-Profit/Government Manager/Senior Manager for either our Manitowoc or Sheboygan office!
The Manager is responsible to plan, manage and review client assignments and projects, and deliver high quality service. The Manager embodies the role of a consultant, working closely with Account Directors on project work and providing solutions within and outside the accounting/tax arena. The position participates in the proposal process and assists in setting the Firm apart from its competition. This position coaches, advises, and directs team members in meeting client and self-development expectations. The Manager identifies business development opportunities and begins to build a pipeline of prospects. The position assists with the process of identifying potential opportunities and recommends expanded services for products. The Manager helps clients achieve their goals through strategic planning and detailed knowledge of related laws. This role is responsible for developing relationships with team members from multiple generations through strong leadership and coaching/mentoring.
A successful Manager will carry out the principal accountabilities of the position while supporting the vision and intent of The Schenck Way.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work closely with Account Directors to provide consulting services and lead project work; attend and actively participate in Strategy Discussions with clients.
· Develop and maintain accountability for the assigned work plan.
· Master the split sheet concept – coach others on split sheets and provide feedback.
· Coordinate drafts and completions of all Service Excellence Plans (SEPs).
· Participate in industry team efforts, begin to understand the client ecosystem, and develop the capacity of others.
· Proactively keep team members informed on key Firm and team metric results and other strategic/day-to-day changes/communication opportunities.
· Develop project management and leadership skills by coaching, advising, and supporting team members in meeting client expectations.
· Act as a seasoned advisor for clients providing independent opinion on complex issues; assist with decision-making.
· Work with the Senior Manager, responsible for:
· Integrating team members into client relationships. This includes introducing team members to clients, involving them in meetings and keeping them abreast of what is going on in clients’ business.
· Developing team members. This includes introducing them to the Firm’s nontraditional services, taking team members to community and referral events, including them on client proposals and projects and introducing them to key leaders.
· Plan, organize and control multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives.
· Leverage commercial and market knowledge to assist the Account Director in the development of solutions for clients and manage the implementation of ideas.
· Manage the assignment budget and profitability in their area of responsibility. Prepare billings and assist in collections.
· Anticipate and communicate budget issues; identify opportunities to improve assignment profitability.
· Use appropriate social media to identify potential clients and opportunities and build relationships.
· Responsible for developing a formalized pipeline of prospects.
· Partners with the Senior Manager on the achievement of position, team, and firm-wide defined metrics and measures.
· Identify and develop key referral sources to maintain a strong network of resources within and outside the Firm.
· Develop a personal marketing plan.
· Perform reviews of increasingly complex work.
· Suggest improvements to internal work flow and procedures.
· Partner with Senior Manager/Shareholders in interactions and accountability with team members to support them on growth and development plan.
· Coach others on how to build rewarding relationships with team members and clients.
· Build collaborative relationships that foster a team environment.
· Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Bachelor’s degree in another discipline with appropriate coursework in tax and accounting, through advanced level.
· CPA license.
Typically requires 6-8 years of previous experience, preferably in a public accounting Firm.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong technical knowledge and skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Must have excellent project and time management skills.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to be flexible in a variety of situations and be a team player.
· Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
· A strong knowledge of Firm products and services in the practice area and a working knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
· Proficient use of computer applications, such as MS Office and accounting software.
· A sound understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives, and client/competitor interests.