Budget Analyst (Military Intelligence Programs)
Location: Washington, DC
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services company is looking for a Budget Analyst to support Army and National Intelligence Programs in estimating funding needs, preparing budget requests and monitoring funding allocations, for the HQDA, Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS), G2. The DCS, G-2 serves as the Secretary of the Army’s Principal Military Adviser on Intelligence and the Army’s Senior Agency Official for Information, Personnel, Industrial Security and is the Army’s Principal Foreign Disclosure Authority. Additionally, the DCS, G-2 serves as the Principal Army Staff Advisor to the Army Chief of Staff on Army Intelligence Activities. The successful candidate will be responsible to analyze collected data, document data errors, apply timely corrective measures, perform operational and financial internal controls, resolve issues in a timely manner, and produce reports as required.
- Manipulate, input, and change funding and manpower data within Program Optimization & Budget Execution (PROBE) database;
- Execute and maintain programmatic changes within the Military Intelligence Program (MIP) and Security and Intelligence Activities (S&IA) in PROBE;
- Provide database input and management of the General Defense Intelligence Program (GDIP) within the Intelink Resource Management Information System (iRMIS);
- Provides timely and accurate data for the preparation of funding-related reports, memos, correspondence, and other documents as directed by the Government;
- Update and document changes to the appropriate Policy directives and implementing instructions;
- Collect, organize, analyze, and translate data into useful automated information for reporting;
- Maintain specialized financial records and statistics and prepare financial reports;
- Coordinate use of business information technology and resources, improve process performance, and recommend strategies to meet objectives of a standard disciplined process to ensure the accountability of funds;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with peer and senior level decision-makers representing Army HQ, Major Commands (MACOM) and field units, Intelligence Community, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), other Services, and other Defense Agencies; and
- Review, interpret coordinates, and respond to all Audit Readiness checklist issues and concerns.
- Six (6) years serving as a budget (or similar) Analyst within HQDA, or other closely related DOD organization or agency. Experience shall have been within two (2) years of starting on this contract;
- Experience in Military Intelligence Program (MIP) or National Intelligence Program (NIP) budget execution and analysis;
- Experience with program and budget analysis, Congressional Justification Book (CJB) & Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB) preparation;
- Experience using iRMIS and PROBE databases;
- knowledge of the General Fund Enterprise business system (GFEBS) and working knowledge Standard Finance System (STANFINS) and the strong ability to analyses spend plans and requirements;
- Knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process and Fiscal Law;
- knowledge of General Defense Intelligence Program (GDIP);
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access;
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical and non-technical information, and professional briefings and presentations to team members, government personnel, and other diverse audiences.
- Associate’s degree in Finance and Accounting from an accredited college or university or commensurate experience, and demonstrated ability;
- Graduate from the DoD Resource Management Budget Course, and trained using Army PROBE and Defense Travel System;
- Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) training;
- General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) training;
- Defense Travel System (DTS) Training;
- Accounting related certification (CPA, CIA, CDFM, CFM);
- Possess and maintain an active/current TOP SECRET clearance, with SCI eligibility;
- Must be a US Citizen.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team! #CALIBRECareers