Sr Functional Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
TRMC requires contractor support for research and analyses to the Air Force T&E Range Oversight team on both technical and managerial matters pertaining to Air Force T&E infrastructure, adequacy of emerging and existing test capabilities, assessment of the MRTFB, resource management, and T&E budget certification. The TRMC requires experience and knowledge of Air Force T&E infrastructure (existing requirements and future needs) for the purpose of assessing the test capabilities and resources needed to successfully develop, test, and field war fighting resources for the military.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Support MRTFB oversight functions including but not limited to facilitation and participation in Infrastructure Readiness Reviews, Integrated Product Teams, Joint Analysis Teams, joint and/or interagency working groups, strategic planning for OSD Research and Engineering top technology areas, and ad hoc directed studies.
• Identify Air Force test and evaluation infrastructure requirements, and capability and resource gaps, both near and long term, using research, planning and analytical skills.
• Identify threat model/threat M&S needs to meet current and future acquisition program test needs, based on familiarity with threat systems and collaboration with key T&E and Intelligence Community stakeholders. Define potential solutions, and assist in developing pathways to delivering needed T&E capability
• Develop and present products to senior level customers, industry and/or military groups to include reports, roadmaps, briefings, issue papers, and POM issues.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Outstanding writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Professional appearance and countenance
• Analytical skills based on engineering or hands on working experience
• Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Professional Office Suite in a Windows environment
• Must have current Top Secret clearance
• Comfortable interacting with high level (e.g. senior leadership individuals) and functions well in fast paced, high pressure team environment
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Expertise in Direct Test Range experience (prefer military retired 06 level) in coordinating range threat test assets
• Hands on experience in Threat M&S analysis and planning and executing programs on a test range
• Ability to identify test and evaluation infrastructure requirements, capability and resource gaps both near and long term using research, planning and analytical skills a plus
• Ability to provide technical and analytical support to the Air Force section of the Test and Evaluation Range Oversight Division of Test Resource Management Center
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled