Remote Government Underwriter
Location: East Providence, RI
Government Underwriter - 100% Remote, Absolute Hidden Gem!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Eric Emenhiser
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in Rumford, RI with offices in Massachusetts, we are a top privately held Mortgage Lending Company which has been in operation for over 30 years! We've survived through multiple recessions and only do mortgage lending, so we've become exceptional in this business regardless of where the mortgage rates & housing market are positioned. We are mid-sized and grow responsibly, so we are top ranked in terms of working capital and can calmly afford our operational budget for years with little to no revenue!
For our internal staff, we value transparency, innovation and most importantly kindness. Our executive leadership team is always accessible, as we treat customers and employees as if they were family, friends and neighbors. And don't take it from us, as we have been recognized year over year for National Awards, including National Best and Brightest Companies to work for!
Are you a DE Underwriter with experience underwriting FHA, VA and other types of government loans? Please keep reading!
Why join us?
- Highly competitive base salary + bonuses!
- Comprehensive benefits package!
- Highly automated shop - efficiency is king here! No late nights and lost time with family.
- Hidden gem in the industry for employee satisfaction - average tenure for UW's is 15+ years!
- We provide in-home and online tutoring programs for those of you with little ones at home!
- Incredible training and growth opportunities! We will help you get whichever licenses / certs you desire.
- Highly stable environment, where the Executive team is directly accessible and cares!
- Year over year winner of National Best and Brightest Companies to work for!
Is your background a fit? Apply if you meet this criteria...
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and the following:
- 3+ years of residential DE Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Strong understanding of USDA, FHA, FHLMC, FNMA, VA and other types of rules and processes
- DE licenses or SAR/LAPP highly preferred - if you are close we will help you get one
- Experience or familiarity with BYTE LOS is a plus (Encompass or others is fine too)
- Experience with (AUS) automated underwriting systems- DO, LPA, and GUS
- Willingness to take on research projects and stay current market trends and new home loan products
We'd love to invite you to apply if you meet the general qualifications above and if what you've read thus far speaks to you!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.