Senior Manager, IT Disaster Recovery
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Office of Information Security is seeking a strong leader to partner within our organization to develop, implement, govern and oversee our Disaster Recovery program to ensure quick and effective system and data recovery for key systems from any incidents or disasters.
The Senior Manager, Disaster Recovery is responsible for the design and ongoing governance of the enterprise Disaster Recovery program. As a member of the Office of Information Security, the Senior Manager will develop strategic and tactical objectives for the Disaster Recovery service line, and work in close collaboration with business units, the risk management team, and infrastructure and application owners to ensure that enterprise resiliency objectives are attained in a mature and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with security, risk, business, and technology stakeholders.
- Identify program scope and objectives, considering the organization’s strategic objectives, key business lines, risk tolerance, and all regulatory, contractual or stakeholder obligations.
- Create a defensible, sustainable, and scalable disaster recovery framework and strategy.
- Develop and ensure the effectiveness of disaster recovery and crisis management policies and procedures which meet business needs and requirements.
- Help ensure alignment of disaster recovery, business continuity, and crisis response to industry standards and/or regulatory requirements, as well as meet business requirements.
- Direct and lead the team to review the design, deployment, and operational state of disaster recovery and response processes, and remediate gaps identified at the architectural, strategic, and implementation levels as needed.
- Create, perform, and report on disaster recovery assessments that identify risks across the organization’s governance, infrastructure, operational and other controls / environments.
- Develop a program to increase the level of awareness of disaster recovery across the organization including the importance of meeting resilience objectives.
- Document all aspects of the disaster recovery lifecycle to provide clear evidence of the effective operation of the program and the organization’s implementation of resilience strategies.
- Establish and implement a documented method for conducting risk assessments and identifying appropriate risk treatments.
- Manage the business impact assessment process: identify the critical processes that support key products and services, interdependencies between processes and resources required to operate the processes at a minimally-acceptable level.
- Manage an event response and management structure, liaise with key stakeholders and external parties and recover critical business activities.
- Develop and maintain a Continual Improvement Process to ensure the program does not become outdated and continues to mature in alignment with evolving risk and industry factors.
- 10+ years in Disaster Recovery-related positions within Fortune-500 scale enterprises
- 5+ years of strategic-level responsibilities for Disaster Recovery
- 5+ years supervisory responsibilities of Disaster Recovery or other IT staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep understanding of disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, operational risk management, information security, and supporting tools.
- Strong analytical background and technical skills with the ability to assess and communicate the strategic, financial, operational, compliance, privacy and reputational impacts of risk findings and identify response objectives.
- Experience developing and producing resilience and operational risk metrics that are meaningful and actionable for Executive Management.
- Proven people, vendor and audit management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work effectively at executive levels.
- Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required.
- Strong bias towards continual learning and organizational transformation
Education: Bachelors or extensive applicable experience required; graduate level degree preferred.
Certification in one or more of the following areas: Disaster Recovery; Business Continuity; Operational Risk, Crisis Management is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.