Combat Systems Tier 2 Instructor
Location: San Diego, CA
Name: Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2015 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) is seeking a Combat Systems Tier 2 Instructor that will develops; organize; and conduct training and educational programs for Fleet sailors. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of U.S. Navy Combat Systems.
Other responsibilities include:
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses Tier II contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience totaling at least 5 years of experience and training.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Six (6) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- CSTT technical or tactical qualification and experience desired.
- Previous experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU and a Master Training Specialist NEC is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Travel may be up required to 10 % of time.
- Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking "Apply Online" below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.