Waterfront Technical Assistant (US Navy Combat Systems)
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Name: BAE Systems
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing direct technical and administrative support to multiple waterfront programs. The Waterfront Technical Assistant provides coordination and technical administrative support to onsite Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) waterfront representatives, NSWC-PHD Availability Project Engineers and other waterfront team members during all planning and execution phases of AEGIS availabilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Will provide technical and administrative support to Combat System Project Engineers (CSPE) through all planning and execution phases of Aegis availabilities by maintaining various databases, coordinating and documenting meetings, compiling manning reports, developing ship related documents, and corresponding with test team, assessment team members and other participating entities.
• Facilitate and participate in planning/execution telcons and various meetings, generating required presentation material, preparing and distributing minutes and reports, and tracking action items through resolution.
• Develop and track tasking route sheets and assist with Filename B Schedule development and maintenance. Distribute post-delivery work specifications, trial cards, Combat System related Ship's Force 2-Kilos, and Test Observation Reports subject matter experts for review.
• Acquire, review, and manage Planning, Tasking and Execution Letters, Work Specifications, Configuration Status Accounting Reports, Final Configuration Change Reports, Work Packages, Change Documents, and all other applicable availability documentation.
• Provide discrepancy management by collecting, validating, processing, and managing ship systems assessment discrepancies in accordance with Fleet Wholeness and Aegis Readiness initiatives; providing technical validation and 2-kilo generation to upload all jobs to Ship's Current Ship's Maintenance Project.
• Assist CSPE with providing inputs on Combat Systems Engineering Change Proposals, Ordnance Alterations, and Field Changes.
• Generate, compile, and manage various databases for Work Specifications, Filename B Installations, Test Observation Reports, Trial Cards/Deficiency Item Management System issues, Points of Contact, Condition Found Reports, and Electronic Material Assessment Discrepancies and Parts Tracking.
• Generate, manage, and distribute availability supporting documentation and/or reports for availability milestones, Administrative Letter, Plan of Action & Milestones, Alteration Installation Status, Work Specification reports, Filename B, Test and Integration schedules, lessons learned, weekly production/test reports, final report inputs, and turnover documentation.
• Assist with coordination and tracking of warehouse storage, Alteration Installation Team coordination, Support Services, Crane Lifts, ship walk-throughs, photo documentation of progress, compartment closeout and providing testing and underway support as required.
• Provide Regional Maintenance and Modernization Coordination Office gatekeeper support with review, approval, signature acquisition and form closure.
• Monitor and update Afloat Master Planning System based on installation completion.
• Develop and distribute end of availability DVDs in support of availabilities; provide End of Availability Status Book inputs and data set of all documented valid discrepancies for turnover.
• Monitor, maintain, and provide various status reports to CSPE and team leads routinely.
• Perform duties in both office and industrial (shipboard) environment.
• Be knowledgeable of and adhere to specific Navy instructions and all applicable Standard Operating Procedures; Commander, Navy Regional Maintenance (CNRMC), Commander, Naval Surface Force United States Pacific/Atlantic Fleet (CNSP/CNSL), and Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA).
• Perform other tasking as directed by CSPEs, availability/assessment team leads, and/or BAE management.
Minimum Education And Experience
High school diploma and at least 8 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 4 years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience
Required Skills And Education
• US Navy Combat Systems experience
• Working knowledge of Current Ship's Maintenance Project and supply acquisition process for Cruisers and Destroyers of the US Naval Fleet
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
• Highly organized individual with strong time management skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to perform in a team environment with little supervision
• High school diploma and at least 8 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 4 years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain required security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.