Surveyor, Long Term Care - LTC
Location: Greater Landover, MD
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 /Year
Name: Lauretta Uzzelle
Provide expertise on national long term care on site survey programs. Travel to long term care facilities nationally conducting surveys to assess compliance with requirements and regulationsguiding the quality of care for residents of the facilities.
No relocation is required for this exciting opportunity. The position requires a significant amount of travel throughout the United States. The responsibility of the Surveyor is to apply approved survey protocols for conducting the onsite survey.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters a plus. Must maintain current licensure to practice in clinical area.
- At least three years experience working in the field of long term care or geriatrics. Experience in accrediting or certifying facilities that serve the residents of long term care facilities.
- Demonstrated history of independent decision-making skills to direct and effectively manage the survey process, ability to set priorities independently and collectively, ability to openly discuss conflicts/controversy, and ability to seek assistance when appropriate to make decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Must successfully complete CMS’s Long Term Care Basic Training and pass the Survey Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT).
- Possess evidence of current education regarding the standards of practice in long term care.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.