GCCS Military Systems Specialist I - III
Location: San Diego, CA
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
This position is for an installation technician for GCCS-M/J installation, implementation, maintenance, and site support. The duties will include providing system engineering services such as software installations, troubleshooting of technical issues, distance support, and implementation of solutions for hardware, software, system interfaces and network issues. The successful candidate will have GCCS-M/J specific knowledge of system engineering for on-site maintenance/site support processes and will bring system troubleshooting excellence to the SRC team of engineering professionals. Candidate must be motivated, adaptable and enthusiastic about providing GCCS-M/J technical support to our US Navy Fleet customers (Ashore and Afloat).
Position is located in San Diego, but employee should be willing to travel internationally. Travel locations may include: Sasebo, Japan; Manama, Bahrain; Dubai, UAE; Pearl Harbor, HI; Everett, WA; Mayport, FL; Rota, Spain; and Norfolk, VA.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing system engineering services for GCCS-M/J
• Providing installation and system upgrade support for GCCS-M/J systems
• Supporting the operation and administration of heterogeneous C4I networks consisting of PCs, workstations, servers, Local Area Networks (LANs), and communications devices
• Conducting system audits and pre-deployment system checkouts of GCCS-M/J in support of a readiness posture, resolving any system discrepancies
Providing system engineering services to include troubleshooting and documentation of issues and implementing solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and network issues for the following C4I systems, subsystems, and components:
• AN/USQ-119, 153, 172, or similar Navy computer hardware systems
• AN/USQ- 183, 184, 187, or similar Navy computer hardware systems
• AN-USQ-208(v1) CANES system or similar Navy computer hardware systems
• COMPOSE 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.1
• GCCS-J 4.3.X baseline
• GCCS-M 4.1 Group Level
• GCCS-M 3X, 4.0.1.x, 4.0.2.x, 4.0.3.x
• GCCS-M 4.1 Unit Level and 4.1 Force Level baselines
• ATCA Blade server technologies
• Oracle and NetApp storage arrays and systems
• Rack-mount server technologies
• Rack enclosures and supporting equipment
• Virtualization technologies
• Network switching and routing technologies
• Serial I/O and multiplexer technologies
• Agile Client
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Hold a current Secret security clearance
• Have excellent attention to detail, time management skills, analytical skills, and an ability to handle multiple tasks at once
• Be flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to ensure deadlines and standards of quality are met
• Be able to travel up to 25%
• Hold commercial certifications to qualify as Information Assurance Technician Level II (CompTIA Security+ ce or equivalent and at least one of the following Operating Environment certifications: CompTIA Linux+ (LXO-103/104), Oracle Certified Administrator (Solaris 10/11), Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, or equivalent)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Active duty Navy or Air Force experience with command and control systems as a system administrator, specifically GCCS-M, GCCS-J, or NAOC2
• Five-plus years' experience analyzing and providing GCCS-M/J system engineering services to include troubleshooting and documentation of issues and implementing solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and network issues C4I systems, subsystems, and components
• Six-to-ten years active duty IT, ET, or FC with GCCS-M experience, specifically with one/more NECs: 2710 (Sys Admin/GCCS-M 4.X); 0340 (COPS/FOPS); 2766 (Sys Admin/4.0.3); 2765 (Inc 2 Sys Admin/Force Level 4.1); 0356 (Inc 2 COPS/FOPS/Force Level 4.1)
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Expert experience in all aspects of system administration and engineering with a focus in Linux
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled