Mortgage VP Senior Government Underwriting Manager
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Responsible for managing of a team of underwriters who are responsible for analyzing and rendering dispositions on mortgage loan credit applications. Works within guidelines set by the MB Financial, investors, standard guidelines established by FNMA, FHLMC and FHA.
This is a leadership role that works under limited guidance and has formal responsibility for a team.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develops underwriters, including selecting team members, conducting performance appraisals, corrective action as necessary, and determining organization, processes, controls, procedures with regard to the underwriting function of the Residential Mortgage unit.
2. Oversees the process and procedure of performing pre-closing credit analysis on loan documentation submitted for underwriting. Ensures all required documentation is present to validate AUS findings. Performs detailed analysis of property valuation. Ensures all additional MB Financial and investor requirements are met on each loan transaction. Ensures all compliance guidelines and documentation requirements are met.
3. Oversees the process and procedure to ensure all third party resources are reviewed to validate critical risk components of the mortgage credit file. Reviews AVM, IRS tax transcripts and any other third party resource utilized to validate accuracy of data in the mortgage credit file.
4. Supports, enhances, and helps lead within our MB Financial culture and role models within cultural pillars.
5. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of related work experience in underwriting residential mortgage loans
• Prior leadership experience
• Maintains government underwriting designation, if applicable
• Strong customer service, organization, verbal and written communications skills
• Strong working relationships with internal and external customers
• Ability to lead multiple tasks concurrently and self-prioritize workload to meet deadlines as an individual and leader
• Ability to independently evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions
• General knowledge of MB Financial products and processes
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business
Working Conditions and Demands (If Applicable):
MB Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.