Government Contract Accountant
Location: Herndon, VA
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Classification:Accountant - Staff
Compensation:$50,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish a business relationship with internal and external customers. Provide guidance and support to facilitate accurate and timely billing and prompt collection.
• Understand the basic contract document(s) as it relates to billing and revenue.
• Identify and confirm invoicing requirements with the Finance, Contracts Administrator and the Program/Project Manager(s).
• As necessary, collaborate with the Finance lead to devise a project structure that considers billing requirements.
• Create and maintain all electronic set up billing files.
• Review the PSF and project set up in Navision (as it relates to billing) for accuracy.
• Ensure the Finance Lead properly populated the billing formula and the "biller" fields.
• Ensure the project set up/structure supports the billing requirements as specified in the contract (or by the client if not included in the contract).
• Set up and maintain assigned projects in Navision based on project requirements and in compliance with the Company's set up rules to ensure the proper recognition of revenue.
• Review sales order requests from Sales Operations for completeness and accuracy and return non-compliant requests to Sales Operations. Process invoices for compliant requests.
• Enter planning lines and create invoices in Navision based on billing requests and shipped products. Calculate automated invoices in Navision for T&M and Cost Plus Contracts
• Remit invoices to the client.
• Based on review of the billing log and given feedback from the Accounting & Finance, follow up on payment discrepancies with clients (short pays and over pays). Elevate payment issues related to performance to the Finance Lead, Program/Project Manager and Accounting & Finance.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activity. Research and resolve unexplained reconciling items. Notify the Sr. Manager of Corporate Project Accounting of significant, reconciling items that remain unresolved for extended periods.
• Input invoices into WAWF or other contract specific submission requirements.
• Ensure compliance with the Company's financial policies and procedures as they relate to invoicing and collections. Serve as a liaison between the Program Managers and the Sr. Manager of Corporate Project Accounting.
• Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups). Qualifications
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others and work independently.
• Demonstrated familiarity with the practical applications of personal computers and basic application software (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.).
• Ability to assess, interpret and apply government and industry standards, specifications and handbooks to the unique requirements of tasking. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS or BA degree in a related discipline is highly desirable (business, finance or accounting).
• Four to Six years of experience in a directly related field.
Requirements: BS in Accounting with 4+ years of industry experience. Public Accounting and/or CPA highly preferred. Versatile ERP/Software experiences such as SAP, Oracle, Great Plains/MS Dynamics, Deltek (Costpoint, GCS), JDEdwards, QuickBooks, etc. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics To Apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans