Army Ground Vehicle Maintenance Monitor
Location: Fort Carson, CO
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE: This IS NOT an Information Technology (IT) related position; referenced data IS NOT digital data in an IT sense but more appropriately described as maintenance information. Therefore, an IT background such as being a network manager or a Microsoft Certified Technician are not necessarily desired background skills. What is viewed as not only desirable, but virtually mandatory, is qualification within an Army 63 or 91 series MOS.
Summary: The Ground Equipment Data Monitor collects operations and maintenance data, enters or imports data into a data review computer application, validates collected data, performs edit and quality control checks to achieve data accuracy, and approves and forwards reviewed data to the quality manager in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Understands the mission and purpose of the Sample Data Collection (SDC) program as explained in the Field Monitors Guide (FMG).
- Achieves data collection and review competency upon initial hire and recertifies annually.
- Develops and maintains excellent rapport with client unit personnel through periodic visits and meetings.
- Enrolls and disenrolls inventory as directed by program management.
- Monitors equipment usage and maintenance performed on client unit enrolled equipment.
- Collects enrolled equipment digital and non-digital operations and maintenance data.
- Manually enters or electronically imports validated data into the SDC data review application.
- Assesses and interprets collected data by performing research and conducting unit interviews.
- Processes validated data by performing edit and quality control checks in accordance with the FMG, applicable technical manuals, and other references.
- Approves data and transmits to management for quality assurance review.
- Maintains and files electronic records and forms as required by the FMG.
- Travels to client unit locations by motor vehicle or commercial transportation, as required.
- Performs administrative functions such as preparing and receiving email, obtaining and maintaining access to required Government websites and repositories, preparing and submitting basic reports and resource requests, completing corporate and Government training requirements, entering time and expenses into the timesheet application, and periodically cleaning office area and site vehicles.
- Must be able to legally and safely operate Vencore, Inc. leased or owned vehicles.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position duties satisfactorily. Additionally, the employee must be able to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance.
Education and/or Experience: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, vision, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, climbing steps, occasionally lifting of file drawers, equipment and other items up to 75 lbs., moving of equipment and furniture, entering and exiting Army equipment (Ground DMs only), and cleaning the office area and motor vehicles used to travel to client units. The operation of a motor vehicle is required. The position requires frequent use of a computer.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The position requires daily trips to client unit locations which typically include motor pools and aircraft hangars, but may also include field locations when units are conducting training. Visits to field locations are required and may be under varying and extreme climatic conditions to include temperatures below freezing or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. The Aviation and Ground DMs will spend approximately 75% and 40% of their work time, respectively, in an office environment and the balance in client unit locations. Occasional travel is required. Potential Deployment Overseas. You understand that this position may require you to deploy overseas for up to twelve (12) month periods to meet customer mission requirements, and you acknowledge that our offer to you is conditioned on your agreement to deploy overseas when directed to do so. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your immediate termination.
- Physical Demands:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Experience with Army maintenance operations and operating procedures, and maintenance technical manuals and terminology is required. Knowledge of the Army chain of command and experience with Microsoft Office and data entry is required.