Location: Kingsland, GA
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 /Hour
Name: Cody Amerson
Currently hiring (5) Structural Welders for an upcoming project on the Kings Bay Naval Base in Kings Bay, GA. The welders will be performing work on the Superstructure & Ballast Tanks of a SSBN/SSGN submarine.
STRUCTURAL WELDER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Receives instructions, prints & work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure & tools & material requirements.
2. Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning & welding various metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques & appropriate welding equipment - welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions; FCAW, GMAW, SMAW, etc.
3. Cleans & prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles & tracks weld parts.
4. Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
5. Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies & to cut material to size & shape.
6. Keeps equipment & work area clean & orderly.
7. Welds parts to form complete units or subunits,.
8. Able to follow blueprints & layout specifications, using jigs, welding torches & hand tools.
No Certs Required (Will receive EB Welding Cert once completed 2 week school).
Structural Welding on HY-80 HSS steel. HY-80 is a low carbon, low alloy steel used on the Superstructure & Ballast Tanks of a submarine.
HY-80 HSS = High Yield - High Strength Steel
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.