Senior IT Associate
Location: Alexandria, VA
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its IT Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
- Provide technical knowledge.
- Work individually and on teams to support the completion of specific tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Interface with the client on a day-to day basis.
- Help the Partner/Principal/Director; and/or Senior Manager; and/or Manager formulate solutions, prepare deliverables, and documentation.
- Direct the work of staff and review work papers and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Perform in-charge role as needed.
- Work with information assurance team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform IT audit services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve IT audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Prior federal audit experience is desired.
- Minimum three years of experience in one or more of the following capabilities: IT internal controls testing/auditing.
- Experience with FISCAM, FISMA, A-127, FFMIA and NIST SP 800-53.
- Knowledge of OMB A-123 documentation, testing and reporting requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in supervising a project team.
- CISA required.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to work in the United States indefinitely.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.