Military Systems Specialist II/III
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides SATCOM subject matter expertise to software developers/engineers for Post Production and Post Deployment Software Support to ensure operational readiness of systems.
• Analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of SATCOM systems to obtain a quantitative and rational basis for decision making or resource allocation.
• Researches and prepares draft and/or finished technical presentations to program management and customers.
• May lead moderate program and/or design reviews and moderate proposal activities.
• Supports and may lead test events to include test observation and recording; data collection, storage, reduction, and analysis; performance measurements; problem identification; and report and presentation preparation.
• Responsible for day-to-day program support of SATCOM systems to include equipment and software upgrades, installations, training and technical support.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 5 years minimum experience as an Operations Specialist or performing Operations Specialist related activities within the last 10 years
• Must have 3 years of experience as an Operations Specialist or performing Operations Specialist related activities within the last 10 years with SATCOM domain
• Four additional years of applicable experience as an Operations Specialist may be substituted for the degree
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• SATCOM Operator, Trainer, Maintainer
• SATCOM Training w/ various military and/or commercial systems
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled