Network Infrastructure Engineer (DOD Secret Clearance Required)
Location: Radford, VA
Name: Amber Durham
This position is for an Enterprise Army Data Center located in Radford, VA. The prime contractor, IBM, is in need of an additional project manager to provide support to their 150K+ Army users.
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Security Clearance: DOD Interim Secret as a minimum
Experience: A total of at least 5 years of experience performing the specified functions.
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco CCNP or CCDP
This position is for a network infrastructure engineer focused on creating architecture designs utilizing network switches, routers, and load balancers. This position will be on the systems engineering team and will involve gathering customer requirements, refining those requirements, developing detailed designs, and documenting those designs for implementation in addition to supporting the network infrastructure.
JOB DUTIES -
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new networking services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on network technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with external parties to transform high-level business objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic environment.
- Review existing architectures and configurations for local and wide-area networks, storage systems, and multi-tier mixed Windows/Linux computing environments. Verify systems have been built to design specifications and thoroughly documented.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of common enterprise computing environments to include commercial cloud services, web application hosting, relational databases, data replication, high-availability services, security software, common network services, and backup/recovery.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and Cisco CCNP (equivalent or higher)
- 5-8 years of Network management experience
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems in a large and highly virtualized multi-site environment.
- 3-5 years of network architecture design
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience with enterprise class network switches, routers, and load balancers
- Experience with Network management, analysis and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus (7K, 5K, 2K) line
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.